> On 10/07/11 18:43, Benjamin Fritz wrote:
>> Not 100% true. I don't know if it's documented, but if your system
>> does not recognize cp1251 for some reason, Vim seems through
>> experimentation to move on to the next. I learned this by accident on
>> a poorly configured server at work, which understands neither "cp1252"
>> nor "8bit-cp1252". So, my fencs now ends in ...,cp1252,latin1. On
>> Windows, most files load in cp1252. On the server, they load in
>> latin1.
[...]
The documentation is there, but maybe it's so obvious that you missed it:
> *'fileencodings'* *'fencs'*
> 'fileencodings' 'fencs' string (default: "ucs-bom",
> "ucs-bom,utf-8,default,latin1" when
> 'encoding' is set to a Unicode value)
> global
> {only available when compiled with the |+multi_byte|
> feature}
> {not in Vi}
> This is a list of character encodings considered when starting to edit
> an existing file. When a file is read, Vim tries to use the first
> mentioned character encoding. If an error is detected, the next one
---------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> in the list is tried. When an encoding is found that works,
> 'fileencoding' is set to it. If all fail, 'fileencoding' is set to
> an empty string, which means the value of 'encoding' is used.
One possible error is "invalid encoding name".
Best regards,
Tony.
--
"Deep" is a word like "theory" or "semantic" -- it implies all sorts of
marvelous things. It's one thing to be able to say "I've got a
theory", quite another to say "I've got a semantic theory", but, ah,
those who can claim "I've got a deep semantic theory", they are truly
blessed.
-- Randy Davis
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
No comments:
Post a Comment