Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Re: Mark special characters

On Mi, 22 Mai 2024, Igor wrote:

> Hi, I use latest vim v9.1.0429 on Windows 11.
>
> In the file I have received I was convinced there are spaces between
> words, but there were some special characters and so when I tried to
> execute the commands in my cmd I have got very strange syntax errors.
> Probably some special character has been copied from Microsoft Word.
>
> I would like to distinguish normal spaces with characters that are in
> vim displayed as spaces, but are some non-space characters. Is there a
> way to display those characters so that I will spot them as special
> characters?

Someone shared the following on the list a few years ago
https://groups.google.com/g/vim_use/c/FuEGojGwKCM/m/V1K8VAWWKrEJ

and since then I have it in my .vimrc even so I should probably change
it to a WinEnter autocommand.

" Highlight special white space
hi def link WhiteSpaceError Error
match WhiteSpaceError /[\x0b\x0c\u00a0\u1680\u180e\u2000-\u200a\u2028\u202f\u205f\u3000]/

Thanks,
Christian
--
Almost anything derogatory you could say about today's software design
would be accurate.
-- K. E. Iverson

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/Zk3sfp1p1qA1crbG%40256bit.org.

No comments: