Monday, September 28, 2026

Looking for someone albe to grant copyrights for a screenshot with Vim

Hi,
I created an essay for the Onward! conference. The essay has a visual (i.e. comic) form, and one of the pages features a monitor with a running Vim splash screen. It's going to be published in open access under a Creative Commons license.

The publisher, ACM, told me that I need to get permission from the authors of all software that I screenshot. And while there might be a possibility to use a screenshot on a "fair use" basis, I wonder if now, after Bram Moolenar is no longer with us, there is any party (like a foundation) that would be able to grant me the right to use it?

I can send the page containing the screenshot if needed.

Best regards,
Panicz

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/5a26b787-15ca-4d9e-a409-a5dca90f76a6n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: