Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Re: turn off/on clipboard before/after global command?

On Mi, 10 Mai 2017, Daniel Drucker wrote:

> Thanks. That'll help - I forgot I could do that. I do this rarely
> enough that I can just remember to do that, I think, rather than make
> a new command.
>
> I wish I knew what was causing this issue, though...

Well, we would need someone who can analyze the issue. The original
report was about accessing the Clipboard on Windows would be slow, when
it is obvious that copying the data into the clipboard would be
overwritten with the next operation during the :g command.

So basically that has been implemented and that has worked on Windows
without problems. When I created that patch, I could verify that using
:g/./d on a buffer containing thousands of lines it would slow down Vim
considerably.

However you case seems to be special. Perhaps its the network traffic
that causes your issue when trying to access the clipboard or the
clipboard connection between the X-server and your Windows machine is
generally slow. It is hard to say from the outside.

However, have you tried to use Cygwin Vim and do your work from the
Cygwin terminal? I believe the Cygwin Vim can access the Windows
clipboard nowadays just fine, so perhaps getting your x-server out of
the equation is giving some hints.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian
--
Warum steht ein Pils im Wald?
Weil die Tannen zapfen.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: