Thursday, May 31, 2018

special characters in abbreviations

I have the following abbreviation
iab julianheader <esc>:r!~/.bin/datevim.sh<cr>

It worked fine till I swapped the caps lock and the escape key at the os level. FYI I am using Ubuntu 16.04
Now the abbreviation no longer works. I am assuming <esc> in Vim now points to capslock
From my understanding the capslock key can not be referenced in vim, so I tried using just the keycode but if I replace <esc> with the keycode for the capslock key I just get the literal string.

I have also added an additional escape key at the os level to <S-F12> and tried using that in Vim but no go.

I am new enough in Vim I am not sure where to find the answer.

Thanks

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: