Thursday, June 14, 2018

Re: Vim Patch broke pathogen?

On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 11:34:48 AM UTC-7, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> On Do, 14 Jun 2018, Frew Schmidt wrote:
>
> > I use pathogen as my plugin manager and updated vim yesterday
>
> You know, that you don't need pathogen anymore since Vim 8?

I am aware, but the vast majority of servers are still on 7, and I suspect that even if I used the built in packaging one of my many other issues would run into whatever regression this was.

> > (via a PPA that is updated two or three times a week.) When I start
> >vim I now get this error:
>
> And what was the previous version?

The package version went from 8.1.0031-0york1~18.04 to 8.1.0037-0york1~18.04.

> > Error detected while processing function pathogen#infect[8]..pathogen#interpose[12]..pathogen#is_disabled:
> > line 5:
> > E15: Invalid expression:
> > E15: Invalid expression:
>
> Is there perhaps a non-breaking space?

I don't believe there is any non-breaking space in ascii, so this implies to me that there is *not* a non-breaking space:

$ cat ~/.vim/bundle/pathogen/autoload/pathogen.vim | perl -pe 's/[[:ascii:]]//g' | wc -l
0

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: