Saturday, June 27, 2020

[typing Russian characters in vim with vim-LaTeX]

Dear all,

I hope all is well with you. This is my first post to the vim mailing list. I use vim for a long time and would consider myself a power user. Occasionally, I need to type documents in Russian in LaTeX format. To use Russian in vim I follow the guidelines from this Habr post (https://habr.com/ru/post/98393/). In short I have the following settings in my .vimrc file:

  set keymap=russian-jcukenmac
  set iminsert=0
  set imsearch=0
  highlight lCursor guifg=NONE guibg=Cyan

With these settings in place I can use "Ctrl+^" to switch between English and Russian languages in vim insert mode. For convenient typing of LaTeX commands in vim I use the Vim-LaTeX distribution (https://sourceforge.net/projects/vim-latex/). The configuration commands relevant to vim-LaTeX in my .vimrc are:

  " envoke LaTeX-Suite on TeX file open
  filetype plugin on

  " load filetype-specific indent files
  filetype indent on

  " load vim-latex for empty TeX files
  let g:tex_flavor='latex'

All is nice and well and I'm satisfied with this setup. However, there is one small problem that makes my life miserable. One of the Russian letters, the small letter «ю», is not typed correctly. When I press the relevant key on the keyboard I get a full stop symbol «.» instead of the small letter «ю». On the other hand, the capital letter «Ю» (when pressing the Shift key) is produced correctly. Would you please be so kind to help me debug the problem? Maybe I have some option clashes with the vim-LaTeX? Thank you and have a good day ahead!

Best wishes,
Maxim

Maxim Abalenkov \\ maxim.abalenkov@gmail.com
+44 7 486 486 505 \\ http://mabalenk.gitlab.io

No comments: