Sunday, July 5, 2020

Re: Status of sound support in Vim

On 2020-07-05, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@moolenaar.net> wrote:
>
> Dominique wrote:
>
>> Lifepillar wrote:
>>
>> > What is the status of +sound in Vim? In particular, is anyone working on
>> > adding support for macOS?
>> >
>> > The manual has examples mentioning Ubuntu, so I infer that Ubuntu should
>> > be supported, but I cannot get any sound. I have tried with .wav, .oga
>> > and .ogg files, so I don't think it's a format issue. Audio is working
>> > in my platform, as I can play sound files with ffplay and other tools
>> > from the command line. Using Vim 8.1.2269 with +sound. Any idea how to
>> > troubleshoot that?
>>
>> Sound works for me on Xubuntu-18.04.
>> I don't really use it, it works fine with e.g. the demo game:
>> https://github.com/vim/killersheep

Apparently, there is something wrong in my box then. Thanks for
double checking... and for the link!

>> For macOs, I see that ":help todo" has this item:
>>
>> === BEGIN QUOTE :help todo ===
>> Sound: support on Mac? Or does libcanberra work there?
>> === END QUOTE ===
>
> Right, it requires someone to find out the way to implement it on Mac.

I guess that it is not trivial, but I remain hopeful.

Life.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/rdtc2k%246nl%241%40ciao.gmane.io.

No comments: