Sunday, May 22, 2022

scrolling during search

Hello! I quite like the combination of incsearch and hlsearch, but hate
the way it scrolls the screen to matches -- I only want the hilights
without the scrolling.

I thought maybe I could fix this with autocommands, but I can't get it
to work, e.g.. I thought this might work:

autocmd CmdlineEnter / mark S
autocmd CmdlineChanged * normal g`S

But that doesn't do anything, any ideas?

Thanks!

--
_o) $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
/\\ _o) _o) $ finger taviso@sdf.org
_\_V _( ) _( ) @taviso

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/t6e0nf%24g6i%241%40ciao.gmane.io.

No comments: