Sunday, August 31, 2014

Can't get vim-go bundle to work

Hi all,

I've installed the vim-go bundle on my Ubuntu 14.04 system. I'm using pathogen
to manage my plugins.

I ran a git clone to pull the program into my .vim/bundle directory.

Unfortunately, for some reason, the vim-go environment doesn't seem to
work. For example, when I run :help godocs it comes back with "Sorry, no help
for godocs". Or, for example, when I put the cursor under a go keyword and type :godocs, I get: E492: Not an editor command godocs

my ~/.vim/bundle directory looks like this:


mysystem:~/.vim/bundle> ls
nerdtree vim-go

When I first ran .vim, it started downloading a number of things that were necessary for it to work. However, at this point, none of the listed vim-go commands actually does anything, only giving "Not an editor command: godoc"
(to pick a specific example).

Running :scriptnames shows the following vim-go objects

37: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/plugin/goinstall.vim
...
50: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go.vim
51: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/compiler/go.vim
52: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go/fmt.vim
53: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go/godef.vim
54: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go/godoc.vim
55: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go/goerrcheck.vim
56: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go/gooracle.vim
57: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go/goplay.vim
58: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go/gosnippet.vim
59: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go/gotagbar.vim
60: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go/gotools.vim
61: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go/import.vim
62: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/ftplugin/go/lint.vim
63: ~/.vim/bundle/vim-go/indent/go.vim

Anybody know what's going on or what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Braun Brelin

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: