Tuesday, May 1, 2018

dbext: unable to connect to MySQL database

Hi Folks,

I have been using dbext with my Postgres databases for quite some time and really love it. Unfortunately, I have not been able to successfully connect dbext to my MySQL databases. dbext + Postgres works just fine so I know (well, assume) that the plugin and environment are working properly.

My MySQL connection looks like the following but I have tried every combination that I can think of: with and without passwd, -t, port, dbname.

let g:dbext_default_profile_mysql_local = 'type=MYSQL:host=localhost:port=3306:user=myusername'

When I execute a query, the return looks similar to the mysql man page along with my connection parameters that appear correct. I get a similar result even if I type in the connection parameters manually in the dbext dialog box. The connection parameters work fine when connecting from the shell so I know those also are not (or should not be) the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your assistance.


Stevan

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: