Thursday, January 10, 2019

Re: Saving Viminfo?

On 2019-01-10, Ven Tadipatri wrote:
> Hi,
> I found that when I yanked a large number of lines, exited vim and
> tried pasting, only the first 50 lines were pasted. I was able to set
> the viminfo variable: viminfo='100,<600,s10,h , then yank the lines,
> and it worked. However, I don't want to keep setting the viminfo
> variable every time I want to yank a large number of lines. For some
> reason, when I set the viminfo variable in my .vimrc, it's not picking
> it up, and always reverts to the default : "viminfo='100,<50,s10,h".
> Is there some way I can set this permanently in some Vim config file?

I have set 'viminfo' in my vimrc for many years and it works fine.

set viminfo-=<50 " Remove the default line-count limit. This
" prevented saving large registers, such as
" :redir outputs.

What is the command you use to set it? As soon as you start vim,
what is the result of this command?

:verbose set viminfo?

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: