Saturday, June 8, 2019

Re: Spurious E13 message

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 7:18:50 AM UTC-7, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 06:59:01 -0700 (PDT)
> JESii
>
> > I've been using vim for many years and have a strange problem that
> > just cropped up.
> >
> > I'm in vim happily editing, saving as I go and then suddenly I get
> > "E13 File exists (add ! to override)" and I have to :w! to save the
> > file. Then I'll be able to save the file a few more times, and then I
> > get the E13 again.
> >
> > I have only two buffers open; noreadonly is set; there's nothing I
> > can see in :set or :setlocal that would indicate I have to
> > "overwrite" an existing file.
> >
>
> I guess you checked already that it happened as well when you run
> vim -U NONE somfile
>
> If not you should.
>
> If yes and the error is gone then the only idea I have is to start with
> a clean .vimrc and to add things from your saved .vimrc in pieces to see
> when the error starts happening.
>
> --
> Manfred

Thanks, Manfred... Didn't know about that -- I'll give that a try. The whole thing is strange because on my other machine which shares the .vimrc, everything is working fine. But I will check my recent changes again...

Cheers...jon

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/adf29a14-65ad-40b9-9e8c-f56c18fc2f62%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: