Monday, May 4, 2020

Re: :buffers -- I'm probably doing something wrong ;)

Kennedy, Marcus A. <Marcus.Kennedy@rocket.com> wrote:

> :buf bc.h
>
> and I get back "E93: More than one match for bc.h". So, I think, hmm,
> wonder what I did. I'll look at the buffers. But, I have more than 75
> buffers on the command line. When I go to see why I have duplicate bc.h
> files, I cannot find them due to the number of buffers. Unfortunately,
> if I press any key, the buffers window exits and I cannot see anything.
> I've done some searching on the web but cannot find the correct way to
> scroll through the buffers list.
>
> What is the correct way to scroll the buffers list?

When looking at buffers with :ls you can scroll with
the keys f and b (forward & backward).

But more efficient in your case would be to do:

:filter /bc.h/ ls

... which will filter the :ls command to show only result
matching the regex bc.h

Regards
Dominique

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CAON-T_hRjw_%3DppJonGNwT3nvtM%3DFEaa4D5uqrtr4o_TZPMnW0w%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: