Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Re: issue subtituting new lines

Hi,

2020/5/20 Wed 6:58:58 UTC+9 Eli the Bearded wrote:
Christian Brabandt <cbl...@256bit.org> wrote:
> On Di, 19 Mai 2020, Eli the Bearded wrote:
>> And that would look like this in vi, nvi, and vim up until recently:
>> :%s/%%/^M/g
>> On the versions that break that, it instead looks like this:
>> :%s/%%/^[[27;5;109~/g
> A feature or a bug i suppose. What you are seeing are the effects of the
> modifyOtherKeys feature of Vim and xterm (see :h modifyOtherKeys).
>
> I am not sure why it happens for you when pressing CTRL-V in command
> line mode, it does work for me as expected, unless you accidentally
> pressed Shift-Ctrl-V instead of Ctrl-V

No, I was quite careful in what I typed. But reading :h modifyOtherKeys
leads me to understand what is going on.

If, when modifyOtherKeys is enabled, instead of:

  colon percent s slash percent percent slash ctrl-v ctrl-m slash g enter

I type:

  colon percent s slash percent percent slash ctrl-v enter slash g enter

I get the:

  :%s/%%/^M/g

output I expect. xterm and vim are trying to represent a <ctrl-m> as
different than <enter> with that setting and I'm seeing the results. But
since <enter> is what I really want, actually using <enter> works.

I'll have to mull over if I consider this an improvement or not.

> To disable it, set the t_TI and t_TE terminal settings to the empty
> string:
>
> let &t_TI=""
> let &t_TE=""

Why that syntax instead of "set t_TI=|set t_TE="? I'm already using
"set t_Co=0" in ~/.vimrc to disable colors. (Specifically it sets
the number of colors available to zero.) In testing, both forms seem
to work in .vimrc, and neither seems to work from the ":" prompt --
even after I ":!ls" as suggested by the help page.

Thanks for finding that.

Elijah

I think this behavior is fixed in 8.1.2350.
Both Ctrl-V Ctrl-M and Ctrl-V <Enter> will input ^M now.

Regards,
Ken Takata

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/de8b0963-143c-4fd8-aecc-87f7e031813f%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: