Wednesday, December 1, 2021

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: split question

> -----Original Message-----
> From: vim_use@googlegroups.com <vim_use@googlegroups.com> On
> Behalf Of Marvin Renich
> Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 1:48 PM
> To: vim_use@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: split question
>
> * Kennedy, Marcus A. <mailto:Marcus.Kennedy@Rocket.com> [211201 12:58]:
> > > ASCII art of what I want (hopefully LookOut! and Exchange doesn't screw
> > > this up in flight):
> > >
> > > -------------------
> > > | | | |
> > > | | |-----|
> > > |-----|-----| |
> > > | | |-----|
> > > | | | |
> > > | |-----------|
> > > | | |
> > > |-----|-----------|
> > >
> >
> > Additional info: Closest I could come up with was:
> >
> > -------------------
> > | | | |
> > | | |-----|
> > |-----|-----| |
> > | | |-----|
> > | | | |
> > |-----|-----------|
> > | | |
> > |-----|-----------|
> >
> > I cannot seem to make that bottom left window go away.
>
> Call the columns A, B, and C. Split the window vertically into A and B.
> Now splitting A horizontally is independent of the rest.
>
> Next, split B horizontally into rows F and G. Now you can split F
> vertically, giving you column C in F only. Now splitting [F,B] and
> [F,C] can be split horizontally as desired.
>
> ...Marvin
Thanks Marvin!

That sort of gets me what I want. The part that is missing is I don't
want column C's splits to line up with the splits of Column B.

At the moment, I've done a ":bo sp | vs" with a trash window in the
lower left. It's annoying that I cannot fit all of my one file in that
bottom left window (missing 10 lines) but I'm dealing with it. The part
that was messing me up was trying to get my eyes to jump from the bottom
split back to the other place in the code. So, my eyes weren't jumping
right.

Oh well, Thanks for the help!
Andy

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/5ADFF93892EDB147B66FCBABC8E4F27F5BD3967C%40prgmbx01.

No comments: