Monday, December 27, 2021

Re: GVIM replace from clipbrard?


There  are three questions in-lined below.

On 12/27/2021 3:15 PM, Mike Schleif wrote:
On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 12:12 PM 'Paul' via vim_use <vim_use@googlegroups.com> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 08:42:41AM -0800, Mike Schleif wrote:
>I use VIM on various *NIX platforms.
>
>I use GVIM on various MS Windows hosts.
>
>I often do this:
>1. Copy a string to the clipboard
>2. Visual mode select a string

How exactly do you do get into visual mode on the troublesome windows computer?

>3. :s/<type a string to be replaces>/<Ctrl-v the clipboard string>/g
>4. Enter - replace all substrings
>
>This works delightfully everywhere - EXCEPT on Windows host!
>
>On that host, Ctrl-v pastes the entire Visual Mode selection - NOT the
>originally copied string!
>

After issuing the command ":registers" do you see the copied text in some register? If so, which register?

>I'm sure that I've got something in that host's VIMRC; but, what is it?

What do you find if you search in that vimrc file for "-v" (case in-sensitive)?

See :help CTRL-Q



Although I think I understand :help CTRL-Q, I fail to understand how that resolves the different behavior on one host.

Please, advise. Thank you.

~ Mike


No comments: