Monday, February 21, 2022

How to bind scrolling horizontal split windows?

Hi,
I am using Vim 7.4 on Linux.

Open text file:
:e some_file

Split the same buffer to another window:
:sp

Turn off long line wrap:
:set nowrap

Bind scrolling of both windows:
:set scrollbind

Now move up and down a buffer and both windows scroll together.

Now to the actual problem. I have text of multiple columns with header. When I move down a buffer I no longer see head of columns, so I vertically slit window. Top window is at first line position to see column headers, bottom window I use to see data in e.g. 1000 row. I can easily in e.g. column 5 the data in line 1000 and header from line 1. But when in e.g. bottom window I scroll to the right, I would like both windows to scroll to the right like they are bound together, so I can see e.g. 100 columns body and header, but instead only current buffer in current window is scrolled.

Now instead of ":sp" in second command turn on vertical split screen ":vsp" How to turn on vertical scrollbind?
Regards

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/31223dbc-a87f-472b-9c5e-b037cbe6b374n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: