Thursday, March 31, 2022

XSetWMNormalHints

I recently upgraded from Debian 10 to Debian 11.

My gvim used to always do resize increments by character.  Dragging a window edge would resize the window by snapping to the nearest whole character.  I would even see the window size written on screen, as characters, not pixels.  Now I see sizes by pixels.  My xterm windows still resize by character, as before.

I use fvwm on my host, but I also tried this on a PopOS VM, for whatever the default WM is for that.  The Windows 10 VM does still resize on characters.

For what I have read, this is part of ICCCM, specifically setting PResizeSize with XSetWMNormalHints().  The only thing I saw in the vim source is

#define XSetWMNormalHints XSETWMNORMALHINTS

I'm not sure where that is even used.

I've been digging around for a few hours now and was hoping someone could give me hint where to look next.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/aeb6fc82-46de-42a7-90af-e5b3484d9c55n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: