Monday, November 13, 2023

How to make Vim having a little better mouse support

Yes, I did all tips I could apply about enabling mouse support in `.vimrc`, but I just want to have mouse support like in every other GUI editor.



1. I just need it to be able scroll with mouse selection (when I select, and go UP, it wont scroll to up like in every GUI editor does) (it can go DOWN though) .

2. When I click two times, that it do usual thing GUI editors would do, to select that word, or even whole line on three clicks. (currently, just works, on selecting whole line on three clicks)

3. And could that cursor be as line always, and not in block when it's normal mode ? it would be nice, if there's some plugin, to change color of cursor, so I could know I'm in normal/insert mode.


Here is init.vim , I enabled those things but it's not enough as GUI editors do mouse support better.

I'm mainly using vim (neovim plugin) in VSCode, so that's why I need it more mouse friendly.  


P.S. this is actually neovim, but same would apply, it doesn't have support for mouse good enough

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/a344c4df-4eeb-400a-b593-8505250f7875n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: