Monday, January 8, 2024

Re: Commit: patch 9.1.0009: Cannot easily get the list of matches

On 2024-01-07, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

> To demonstrate the use of the new matchbufline() function, I have created
> the following script.  This does search text completion from the list of words
> in the current buffer.  After typing a few letters in the "/" prompt, if you
> press
> Tab, it will complete the word from the current buffer.  If you press Tab
> again,
> then it will go to the next match.  If you press Shift-Tab, it will go back to
> the previous match.

I saved your script to a file and sourced it, but it gives me an
error.

Error detected while processing /home/gary/.vim/match_tab.vim:
line 9:
E1171: Missing } after inline function

Line 9 is:

def SearchComplete(forward: bool): string

I've updated to 9.1.16 and done a clean build without any
configuration options.

I haven't done anything with vim9script, so I don't recognize syntax
errors by sight, nor do I know what else I might be missing.

Regards,
Gary

--------------------------------------------------------------------
$ VIMRUNTIME=runtime src/vim --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 9.1 (2024 Jan 02, compiled Jan 8 2024 11:48:09)
Included patches: 1-16
Compiled by gary@epicurus
Huge version with GTK3 GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
+acl +file_in_path +mouse_urxvt -tag_any_white
+arabic +find_in_path +mouse_xterm -tcl
+autocmd +float +multi_byte +termguicolors
+autochdir +folding +multi_lang +terminal
-autoservername -footer -mzscheme +terminfo
+balloon_eval +fork() +netbeans_intg +termresponse
+balloon_eval_term +gettext +num64 +textobjects
+browse -hangul_input +packages +textprop
++builtin_terms +iconv +path_extra +timers
+byte_offset +insert_expand -perl +title
+channel +ipv6 +persistent_undo +toolbar
+cindent +job +popupwin +user_commands
+clientserver +jumplist +postscript +vartabs
+clipboard +keymap +printer +vertsplit
+cmdline_compl +lambda +profile +vim9script
+cmdline_hist +langmap -python +viminfo
+cmdline_info +libcall -python3 +virtualedit
+comments +linebreak +quickfix +visual
+conceal +lispindent +reltime +visualextra
+cryptv +listcmds +rightleft +vreplace
+cscope +localmap -ruby +wildignore
+cursorbind -lua +scrollbind +wildmenu
+cursorshape +menu +signs +windows
+dialog_con_gui +mksession +smartindent +writebackup
+diff +modify_fname +sodium +X11
+digraphs +mouse +sound +xattr
+dnd +mouseshape +spell -xfontset
-ebcdic +mouse_dec +startuptime +xim
+emacs_tags +mouse_gpm +statusline +xpm
+eval -mouse_jsbterm -sun_workshop +xsmp_interact
+ex_extra +mouse_netterm +syntax +xterm_clipboard
+extra_search +mouse_sgr +tag_binary -xterm_save
-farsi -mouse_sysmouse -tag_old_static
system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
2nd user vimrc file: "~/.vim/vimrc"
user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
2nd user gvimrc file: "~/.vim/gvimrc"
defaults file: "$VIMRUNTIME/defaults.vim"
system menu file: "$VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim"
fall-back for $VIM: "/usr/local/share/vim"
Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_GTK -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi2-atk/2.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi-2.0 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/fribidi -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/uuid -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu -I/usr/include/libmount -I/usr/include/blkid -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations -D_REENTRANT -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1
Linking: gcc -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--as-needed -o vim -lgtk-3 -lgdk-3 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lharfbuzz -latk-1.0 -lcairo-gobject -lcairo -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lSM -lICE -lXpm -lXt -lX11 -lXdmcp -lSM -lICE -lm -ltinfo -lselinux -lcanberra -lsodium -lacl -lattr -lgpm

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20240108201237.GJ4044%40phoenix.

No comments: