Thursday, January 25, 2024

Re: Remapping crtl+backspace to delete previous word in insert mode!

On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 04:29:34AM -0800, Anirudh Singh Bhadauria wrote:
> Problem - Remapping crtl+backspace to delete previous word in insert mode! 
>
> I am finding it really hard to do this, I have tried many combinations but it
> just doesn't work.

I've this mapping for command-line editing mode that works in vim running in
gnome-terminal:

" Ctrl-Backspace deletes word backwards
cnoremap <C-BS> <C-W>
" (gnome-terminal sends ^H for ctrl-backspace)
cmap <C-H> <C-BS>

in my .vimrc. This config also works fine for nvim in gnome-terminal.
I haven't gone out of my way to test whether the same mapping will work
in insert mode, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--
I have, however, attempted to stamp out burning thermite (not recommended),
neglected to note that I'd lit the fuse of a homemade grenado (not recommended)
and only noticed I was standing in a cloud of gasoline vapour after I struck a
match (also not recommended).
-- James Nicoll

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/k3iah7qbfeikqufa6cvep2amtkv3qhjvb3jmgv4uv2e5dt37yz%40v7nccc54q34h.

No comments: