Friday, February 16, 2024

Re: Vim 9 problem under Cygwin64

On 2024-02-16, John Cordes wrote:
> My apologies for too many posts! I have added the export VIM command to
> cygwin's .bash_profile; I believe that should do the trick.
> Many thanks to Salman Halim for the suggestion.

I'm glad you and Salman got this working, and that is the most
important thing. However, I did want to mention, in case anyone
else reads this, that setting VIM in your ~/.bashrc should not be
necessary.

I've been running Cygwin and Cygwin64 for many years on Windows 10
and 11, using Windows' gvim, Cygwin's vim, and vims I've built
myself under Cygwin, and I've never had to do that. There's a root
cause that hasn't been uncovered yet; I just don't have the time at
the moment to help with an investigation.

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20240216235414.GG26982%40phoenix.

No comments: