Monday, January 28, 2013

Re: Is there way to search many results of cscope command in vim ?

2011년 12월 23일 금요일 오전 1시 20분 14초 UTC+9, Gary Johnson 님의 말:
> On 2011-12-22, danguria wrote:
> > Hi. I'm vim user.
> > I use vim to read the android framework source code with cscope and
> > ctags.
> > when I don't know where some file's location, I use cscope command
> > like that
> > :cs find f filename
> >
> > sometimes, the result of cmmand is too many. because the file name is
> > common.
> > that time, I hard to find the result what I want to read.
> >
> > In this case, Is there way to search many results of cscope command in
> > vim ?
>
> You can display all the cscope results in a quickfix window by
> executing
>
> :copen
>
> You can then search in this window using standard search commands.
> Hitting Enter on any line will open that file in the other window.
>
> Regards,
> Gary

Hello I am JK. I have same problem on cscope with vim.
previous recommendation using ":copen" is now work for me.

for description this problem
If I want to go the symbol definition like "Activity" in android (it is very common symbol), there are so many results over 100, therefore I hardly can choose which one is correct, even if there are already information that can be used (ex: import, inheritance). is there any automatic way to do this? at least filter-out invalid candidates?

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: