Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Two questions for script 2666: Highlight several words in different colors simultaneously

First , this script is a life change one, Thanks Ingo for it. However, I do have a few questions regarding to it. After playing with this script for a few hours, I still failed to figure out how to use it for two important scenario:

1, Suppose I am edit a big file, and I want to search for a pattern using <Leader>r, after I input the regular expression and press Return, I don't know if there is any match since the cursor does not jump to the first match. I have to return to the old Vim search way, is there any way I can know if the search hit any thing?

2, Suppose I have a few patterns highlighted, for example, 'foo', 'bar' and 'qaz'. Now I just searched for 'qaz' and it is in the screen, now if I want to jump to the occurrence of 'bar', I don't know what to do other than randomly srolling the screen up and down for that pattern. I don't know if this script has a search command which accepts a marker number [N], other than just reuse the last marker?

Regards

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: