Saturday, August 15, 2015

Re: Warning for writing partial file


Den 13 aug 2015 19:27 skrev "Ben Fritz" <fritzophrenic@gmail.com>:
>
> Today I stumbled on a feature that saved me some headaches. When I accidentally did :'<,'>w instead of just :w Vim warned me that I was trying to write a partial file and asked for confirmation.
>
> Awesome! I chose "no" and lost no work at all.

I'm saved by that on a daily basis lately since I have acquired a tendency to overuse `v` or `V` in cases where it is not (strictly) needed. When writing prose I type `vipgq` or somesuch and then immediately `v:w` or even `gv:w` on misguided reflex. I'm curious what others have done when getting into such bad habits.

/bpj

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: