Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Fwd: feature work in console vim , but not over ssh

+ vim group...

anyone has any idea, of why same feature works in console vim, but not in console vim over ssh?

regards
ping

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campbell@nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: vim drawit vs. http://asciiflow.com/#Draw
To: ping <songpingemail@gmail.com>


ping wrote:
> On Friday, April 11, 2014 at 10:47:56 AM UTC-4, Charles Campbell wrote:
>> ping song wrote:
>>> hi Dr. Chip:
>>> I'm a big fan of your Drawit plugin (thanks!).
>>> today I hear of asciiflow.com/#Draw <http://asciiflow.com/#Draw>, it
>>> looks surprisingly nice too.
>>> I guess it's not possible to have the similiar ability in vim?
>>>
>> I just glanced at asciiflow.  What is it that you want that DrawIt
>> doesn't have?  The only thing I saw was the ability to "grab a line (or
>> box)" and resize it.  I think that would entail having DrawIt remember
>> hotspots on each drawing activity so that they could be "grabbed" and
>> redone.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chip Campbell
> Hi Dr. Chip:
>
> I just tried drawit new features of "drag and draw" and I found some issues:
>
> the shift-mouse seems doesn't work for me. I'm on console vim over ssh.
>
> I press shift and then left mouse, then move the mouse, nothing happens.
>
> did I miss anything?
>
> the "left mouse " to select region and "ctrl+left mouse" to drag and move a selection works fine.
>
Terminals can be obstreperous.  I just tried

ssh [hostname]
vim -u NONE testmouse.vim
:so %

and I, too, see that <s-leftmouse> does not work.  This seems to be a
vim+ssh problem, though -- the testmouse.vim script knows nothing about
DrawIt, for example.

I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to how to get
vim+ssh+shift-leftmouse working, though.

Regards,
Chip Campbell


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: