Thursday, January 21, 2016

Re: Vimdiff with multiple buffers

Hmm...I guess I should have read the manual first.
:diffget <number>
seems to do the trick. So to answer my own question, I would do
:diffget 1 for the one on the left
and :diffget 3 for the one on the right.
But if anyone has any other useful pointers for using vimdiff, I would
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ven


On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Ven Tadipatri <vtadipatri@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can run vimdiff with multiple files, but I'd like to be able to use
> vimdiff's "do", "diffu" features.
> When I try to run "do", it gives me (obviously) an error:
> "More than two buffers in diff mode, don't know which one to use"
>
> If I have 3 files, and I'm on the center one, how do I tell it to "do"
> the one on the left vs the one on the right?
> Or does vimdiff only work with 2 files?
>
> Thanks,
> Ven

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: