Friday, January 22, 2016

Re: Vimdiff with multiple buffers

Hi Simon!

On Fr, 22 Jan 2016, Simon Ruderich wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 02:53:04PM -0500, Ven Tadipatri wrote:
> > Hmm...I guess I should have read the manual first.
> > :diffget <number>
> > seems to do the trick. So to answer my own question, I would do
> > :diffget 1 for the one on the left
> > and :diffget 3 for the one on the right.
> > But if anyone has any other useful pointers for using vimdiff, I would
> > appreciate it.
>
> You can use the count argument for dp an do, e.g. 1dp and 2do,
> see :h dp
>
> I'd really like to get better support for changes inside a line
> in Vimdiff. At the moment Vimdiff doesn't create minimal changes
> in this case. I recall there was a plugin which helped with that,
> but I forgot its name. Anybody has an idea?

linediff?

Best,
Christian
--
Wir sind zu allem fähig, aber zu nichts zu gebrauchen.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: