Sunday, September 18, 2016

Re: turn all highlighting off at startup

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 2:34:28 PM UTC-5, jleiss@nc.rr.com wrote:
> What am I doing wrong? I thought I knew how to do this. When it didn't work, I studied the help manual, but I guess I'm still doing something wrong. I'm using Vim 8.0.2. I put set syntax=off in the _vimrc file, and it didn't work. Nothing else I tried worked. I want to turn all highlighting off for all files. I am using Windows 10 64-bit on a Dell laptop. Any suggestion? Thanks, Jack Leiss jleiss@nc.rr.com .

Have you tried "syntax off" instead of "set syntax=off"?

I think that will do it, but you may also need to put "filetype off" in your vimrc as well, unless you need filetype detection but not syntax highlighting for some reason.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: