Monday, October 17, 2016

Compile and Run Java Projects

I am using vim to code my java projects. I've been noticing I've been jumping back to the terminal a lot to compile and run my code. So I want to create a function that does all this for me (and gets rid of the class files afterwards). The code below is my attempt. Could someone let me know how I can fix my code?

func! CompileFolderJava()

" compile all java files in folder of the current buffer
:!javac "%:p:h" . "/*.java" " javac path/name/to/current/buffer/directory/*.java


" run Main java file in that folder
:!java "%:p:h" . ".Main" " java path/name/to/current/buffer/directory.Main

" delete all the .class files in that folder
:!rm "%:p:h" . ".class"

" :echo "Done"
endfunc

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: