Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Re: How gVIM can handle UTF like notepad

On 11/10/2016 16.47, Erhy wrote:
> I will accept the converted message because
> saving the file, the converted message appears again
> and the resulting BOMB is the same.

I found out that [converted] only means "conversion from 'fileencoding'
to 'encoding' done" (insert.txt help), so it doesn't really mean
anything if you have 'encoding' set to a unicode format, I don't think
there's a chance that it could result in information loss.

It's called BOM, not BOMB, by the way.


> This all for exported tasks from Windows Task Scheduler.
I can't check by myself right now but I read that they are in UTF-16LE,
as I wrote in the other reply if you have ucs-bom at the start of
'fileencodings' (and 'encoding' set to a unicode format) they will be
handled correctly.


Gabriele

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: