Monday, August 26, 2019

Re: :new and :tag

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 1:17 PM Eli the Bearded <vim@eli.users.panix.com> wrote:
>
> I find myself often wanting to open a new buffer and then lookup a tag.
> In visual mode, I can use <ctrl-w><ctrl-]> while on top of a tag word.
> In ex (command line) I have been using:
>
> :cmap ,nt new\|tag
>
> and then typing ":,nt" which expands before my eyes to ":new|tag". But I
> keep feeling like that's a feature that would be there as some built-in
> command I can't find. Is it?
>

Did you try using the ":stag" command? This command splits the window and
then jumps to the specified tag.

- Yegappan

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CAAW7x7%3DjmygYfVarYOTgY3CWeG%3DprZASD-AMyscVkhkrAakydw%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: