Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Change /colors/ & /syntax/ paths or source colors & syntax from shared directory?

All,

Is there a way to use a /colors/ or /syntax/ file out of some directory other than $VIMRUNTIME?

At work, I work on a plethora of Linux servers (as an Oracle DBA) and do not have Linux SA (root) access.  I can "see" the files in $VIMRUNTIME but I cannot edit or add at all.

I'd like to be able to create some custom color.vim and syntax.vim files/schemes for my own use (not using those filenames, of course).

Ideally, what I'd like to do is:
  1. Write a custom color scheme.
  2. Place it on a common share (common to all the Linux servers) and not have to put it on every, single, server.
  3. Be able to use the color scheme:
    1. Either include/call/source that color scheme file(s) in my common .vimrc file?
    2. Or, at least, be able to manually call that color scheme if/when I need/want it?
  4. And, I'd like to be able to do that same sort of thing with syntax file(s)?
Is that possible without getting access to (in our case) /usr/share/vim/vim74/...?

Thanks!!

nakore

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/1f2ad4a5-084b-462a-950f-8c4911efb379%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: