Monday, September 9, 2019

XML indent

Hello,

I noticed, when editing an XML file, that the automatic indent kept indenting each line beyond what it should be; given this file:

<and>
<this>
<isnt/>
</this>
</and>

If I set indentexpr to XmlIndentGet(v:lnum, 1) (letting the xml.vim file set it, in other words), I get no changes at all when I indent the file (gg=G). If I set it to XmlIndentGet(v:lnum, 0), I get:

<and>
    <this>
        <isnt/>
            </this>
                </and>

What I'm looking for is:

<and>
    <this>
        <isnt/>
    </this>
</and>

I could be mistaken, but I think this is new. I'm using GVim 8.1.1925 on Windows. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance!

--
 
Salman

I, too, shall something make and glory in the making.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CANuxnEdamSJ_2Z8fkp9QOGkqmXWQLbuR2gBbGQ4eghcMzhPQ2A%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: