Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Re: Upgrade to recent version broke vimrc -- doesnt recognize unix style environmental variables

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 09:47:09AM -0600, tom wrote:
>I was working in vim and tried to sort something. The sort didn't work as I
>expected.
>
>I thought I would upgrade to version 8.0 in the hopes that would fix it.
>The upgrade gave me a new problem.
>
>in my vimrc there was the line
>
>set backupdir=$HOME/vim/backup
>
>This no longer works and yields the dreaded "E303: Unable to open swap file"
>
>I fixed it this way
>
>set backupdir=c:\\Users\\myuser\\Documents\\home\\vim\\backup,c:\\TMP

I would try running the following as an ex command:

:echo $HOME

It might be that Vim does not see a HOME environment
variable on Windows.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20210217180002.GD14859%40linux.site.

No comments: