Thursday, July 22, 2021

Re: Enabling/Disabling Vim features during compilation

Bump.

(I'm sorry, I don't know if this is allowed)

On 2021-07-19 17:19, lists@ifohancroft.com wrote:
> I would like to apologize if this shows up twice. I have posted it (I
> believe hours ago) to the @vim.org alias of the mailing list but it
> hasn't shown so I am guessing I need to use the @googlegroups.com
> address.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a couple of questions that I couldn't find an answer for. I do
> suck at explaining so if anything is unclear, please let me know.
>
> 1. Obviously, excluding the features marked with '-', can each of the
> features in https://vimhelp.org/various.txt.html#%2Bfeature-list be
> explicitly enabled or disabled on its own during compilation?
>
> 2. Are there any features that can be disabled/enabled during
> compilation
> that can't be enabled/disabled by passing an option to ./configure?
>
> If the answer to #1 is yes and the answer to #2 is no - I see that
> ./configure --help doesn't list a separate option for each of the
> features, but there is --enable-FEATURE[=ARG] and --disable-FEATURE so
> I
> am guessing I just replace FEATURE with the name of the feature I wish
> to enable or disable and I don't actually include the + sign, just the
> plain feature name, however:
>
> 3.1. If builtin_terms is enabled, whether only some terminals will be
> builtin or all of them depends on whether builtin_terms is
> +builtin_terms or ++builtin_terms. How do I specify ++builtin_terms as
> --enable-FEATURE? Should it be --enable-+builtinterms?
>
> 3.2. I see that some features that have explicit enable/disable options
> for them and require passing an argument (for example the Perl
> interpreter option requires an argument whether it should be anbled or
> not and whether it should be dynamically loaded) have a +feature
> equivalent with separate options for the different arguments of the
> builtin enable/disable option. Very clever btw! In such a case, if I
> choose to enable the Perl interpret using --enable-perl and want it
> loaded dynamic, instead of setting --enable-perlinterp=dynamic, do I
> use
> just --enable-perl/dyn or should I use both --enable-perl and
> --enable-perl/dyn?
>
> Best Regards,
> IFo Hancroft
>
> --

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/3baefa2922f1323ff0cb076627a57420%40ifohancroft.com.

No comments: