Thursday, June 2, 2022

Re: Inserting on alternate lines?

On 2022-06-02, Tim Chase <vim@tim.thechases.com> wrote:
> On 2022-06-02 11:58, Lifepillar wrote:
>> This morning I made a vertical selection with CTRL-V and typed (too)
>> quickly to prepend a quote to the selected lines. I got something
>> like this:
>>
>> "...
>> ...
>> "...
>> ...
>> "...
>> ...
>>
>> For the life of me (pun intended), I cannot do it again. How is it
>> possible to insert text on alternate lines?
>
> Were they long lines that were wrapped?

Either that or a weird glitch in my terminal. Or a hallucination. I went
through the undo file and I couldn't find that change: all the lines
were quoted. Thanks for taking the time to answer!

🤷
Life.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/t7b2pd%24qju%241%40ciao.gmane.io.

No comments: