Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Re: The package you uploaded (vim-noweb.tgz) is empty

On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 12:38:34 PM UTC Christian Brabandt wrote:
> What is the script id? I might be able to check it on the server (no promises however).

Originally "vim-noweb", and also when I ran into the problem I tried making the ID the same as the filename "vim-noweb.tar.gz" and "vim-noweb.tgz".

> Also is there a reason, you are using the tgz/tar.gz extension?

I was following "https://www.vim.org/scripts/add_script.php". There I see the example, "if I was writing a script foo.vim that also had vim help file and a README file I would name the script foo.vim but my script package would be foo.tar.gz". So of course that is the example I followed.

> Just curious if this works with a zip extension or a simple .vmb for vimball.

Great question. I had not heard of vimball. I will try it and see if that gets around the error.

Is vimball the most portable format? Should the example be updated on vim.org?

Cheers! Edward

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/c2187aaf-d174-47f2-a2bd-748f28329adan%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: