Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Re: The package you uploaded (vim-noweb.tgz) is empty

On Di, 30 Mai 2023, Edward McGuire wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 12:38:34 PM UTC Christian Brabandt wrote:
> > What is the script id? I might be able to check it on the server (no promises
> however).
>
> Originally "vim-noweb", and also when I ran into the problem I tried making the
> ID the same as the filename "vim-noweb.tar.gz" and "vim-noweb.tgz".

No, I was referring to the vim.org URL, which should contain a script id.
>
> > Also is there a reason, you are using the tgz/tar.gz extension?
>
> I was following "https://www.vim.org/scripts/add_script.php". There I see the
> example, "if I was writing a script foo.vim that also had vim help file and a
> README file I would name the script foo.vim but my script package would be
> foo.tar.gz". So of course that is the example I followed.

I would just call it "foo" or in your case "vim-noweb"

> > Just curious if this works with a zip extension or a simple .vmb for vimball.
>
> Great question. I had not heard of vimball. I will try it and see if that gets
> around the error.

See :h vimball

> Is vimball the most portable format? Should the example be updated on vim.org?

I think vimball format was invented to have a nice way to distribute
plguins in some kind of archive form (but only works well for text
files). Nowadays, it seems it is rarely used and github plugin links
have become the de-facto standard.

That document should shows an example. It may make sense to update this:
ping @bram

Best,
Christian
--
In der Realität ist die Wirklichkeit ganz anders.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/ZHdZA15n4Qv2c7OU%40256bit.org.

No comments: