Sunday, April 7, 2024

Re: How to Set menu size on gvim

On 4/7/24 14:34, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 12:20 AM Tim Johnson <thjmmj15@gmail.com> wrote:  
  I am using gvim version 8.2 on ubuntu 22.04,  Huge version with GTK3 GUI.    How may I set the menu size to a larger font?    I have found instructions for versions with Athena or Motif but none that are current  for modifying menu sizes on versions with GTK3.    Thanks    --  Tim  thjmmj15@gmail.com  
  The Menu highlight group is supposed to set font, foreground colour  and background colour for the menus and toolbar (see :help hl-Menu);  however in my current gvim system (with GTK3 GUI) this highlight group  is not set, and I haven't tried to set it to see if it made the menu  font change. (The menus are displayed.)    
Tony, it sounds like you are having the same problem as I. For me, with my current monitor
and my present eyesight, having menu so small makes it really hard to work with.
What I know is there is a GTK resource file, but the only info that I have found is not very
current. I don't know what to name the resource file (.gtkrc or .gtkrc-3.0) and what syntax
to use in it.

:h hl-menu on my setup says nothing about GTK. (sigh)

thanks for the reply.

--   Tim  thjmmj15@gmail.com

No comments: