Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Change how a buffer splits

Hi.
I am testing Conque terminal, http://code.google.com/p/conque/, and I have found some problems when spliting windows.
If you use the basic split, using <C-w>s or v, or from the gvim menu, it splits the current window in two with the same buffer in both of them.
Conque creates an special buffer which embeed a terminal, and it doesn't like to have two windows using thesame buffer, at least sometimes I got errors, specially when changeing from normal to inder mode in one of the windows and then return to another window that host the conque terminal buffer.
So appart from conque issues, I dont want to split a window that contents a shell, there is no point for this IMO.
I want to change how the conque buffer splits so I create these maps just for this buffer:

nnoremap <silent> <buffer> <C-w>s <C-w>n
nnoremap <silent> <buffer> <C-w>v :vne<CR>

This works ans instead of creating new window with the terminal, the new window will be opnened, which is better.
My problem with this solution is that it only works if I use the shortcuts, but what if I split using the options from the gvim menu? or if I split using the :split command?
Is ther any way ensure that for a selected buffer it only splits in a new window?

thanks


--
Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: