Friday, May 28, 2010

Re: blank lines

On 2010-05-28, Bee wrote:
> On May 28, 9:12 am, epanda <callingel...@hotmail.fr> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to add some blank lines or carriage return to actionscript
> > file in order to make reading clear.
> >
> > call append(line('^'),"\n")
> >
> > I see this character ^@ at the beginning of my file. I would like only
> > to see newline.
>
> When doing a substitute in a file,
> search for \n
> but replace with \r
>
> :%s/\n/\r\r/gc
>
> Does this work?
>
> call append(line('^'),"\r")

No. That was my first thought, too, but it inserts ^M.

Regards,
Gary

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: