Friday, May 28, 2010

Text printing questions

Bonjour,

I want to use Vim to write a book, which means I periodically wish to
print my WIP.
Each Vim line is, in fact, a normal book paragraph, of course.

My .vimrc file has these settings :

set
printoptions=paper:A4,portrait:y,duplex:long,wrap:y,number:y,syntax:n
set printfont=Inconsolata:h13

The results are, as you already guessed :
- Vim line numbers : correctly adjusted on the left, no word wrapping
underneath
- Text wrapping : if it wraps, it is truncated, and it is not
truncated only when it does not wrap
- Plus, I have a little annoyance : the paragraphs (Vim lines) have no
space to visually separate them ; I know the solution is to insert a
blank line in between, but that messes up the numbering

My questions :

- Is it possible to have a word-wrap equivalent in the printing
process (I read that part of the manual, and I know this is not a
printoption) ? Btw, does Vim 7.3 solve this ?
- Is it possible to have a bigger linespace "breathing" at the end of
the Vim line ?
- And a very secondary question : is it possible to print directly a
booklet on a recto-verso A4, something like (in plain english) : print
page 4, then page 1, duplex:short, then page 3, and finally page 2
then repeat (increment 4) until you reach the end of the 500 pages
masterpiece ... ? or must I use Acrobat to do this ?

Thanks in advance

ThG

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: