Friday, July 27, 2012

Re: GVim doesn't display Euro symbol ?

Lucas Sanner <lucas.sanner@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use GVim in french language, so there a lot of accentued characters
> in
> the command messages.
> For example if I write into a file ":w", I get
>
> 181L, 7804C <e9>crit(s)
>
> instead of
>
> 181L, 7804C écrit(s)
>
> Maybe a Vim language file with wrong encoding ?


Your locale setting is probably wrong.

Which OS do you use?
I remember seeing that Win XP did not use Unicode by default but
uses Windows code page 1252 (sigh).

I think this can be fixed by setting the LANG environment variable.
In Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables,
add the environment variable LANG setting it to fr_FR.UTF-8
Then restart GVim.

Regards
-- Dominique

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: