Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Re: vim: how to make split window "run" in parallel

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:34:32 PM UTC-5, ping wrote:
> <font size="+1"><font face="monospace">not sure this should be a vim
> issue or ConqueTerm plugin issue, I guess essentially it is vim.
>
> so with ConqueTerm I&#39;m able to open multiple buffers and run a
> bash from inside each buffer.
>
> each bash I may run a info-collection-script that takes long
> time and lengthy output before finish.
>
> for easy comparison, I even use &quot;vnew&quot; so I have 2 vertial
> windows running 2 bash in parallel.
>
>
>
> now, the interesting thing I found out of this method is:
>
> whenever I switch window (changing focus to another window),
>
> the output from the previous window (that just lost the focus),
> got hanged there,
>
> until I move focus back to it.
>
>
>
> is this per vim design, or there is a workaround/knobs, to make
> 2 buffer run in parallel?
>
>
>
> regards
>
> ping
>
> </font></font>
> </div>

I'm pretty sure this is a ConqueTerm issue. Vim buffers don't "run", they have static text in them which only changes when you or an autocmd changes it (except for buffers modified outside of Vim, but Vim only checks this buffer content when it regains focus, comes back from a shell command, or the user uses the :checktime command). If a ConqueTerm buffer is not updating when you expect it to, that's ConqueTerm's fault.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: