Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Quickfix Has Wrong Path to Source Files

Hi,

I want to use the vim quickfix window to find errors in my source files when I compile.  I notice that I am getting errors like this in the quickfix window:

build/i586-linux//local/work/dept/users/repo.git/src/fd_set/src/fd_set.c|151 error| error: 'struct fd_group' has no member named 'fg_maxfd'

When I click on it, it opens a new file due to the build/i586-linux// prefix.  I am confused as to why its doing this because I am getting the following line when I build from the command line:

/local/work/dept/user/repo.git/src/fd_set/src/fd_set.c: In function 'fd_group_create':
/local/work/dept/user/repo.git/src/fd_set/src/fd_set.c:151: error: 'struct fd_group' has no member named 'fg_maxfd'

We are using make to call cmake so that may be the reason.

Some possibly relevant settings:

set shellpipe=2\>&1\|ccfilter\ -e\|tee
set errorformat=%f:%l:%c:%t:%m

I have another development environment on the same machine where it works fine.  It's only generating local file names so that may be why it works.

 Is there a way to resolve this so that I can click on an error and open the actual file the error is in?

...Stephen

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: