Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gvim starting up in C:\temp??

Ben Fritz wrote:
> > I've never seen that problem, and I use shellslash in my config.
> > Does it work with launching Vim as follows?
> >
> > gvim -N -u NONE -U NONE -i NONE --cmd "set shellslash" fb17X/content/firebug/chrome.js
> >
> > I know that the 'shellslash' option can make shellescape() do bad things on Windows, and it makes paths copied from Vim or passed to shell commands sometimes fail, but I don't know of any other ill effects.
> >
> >
>
Why would -N ever be needed when typing 'gvim'?

-u NONE says to ignore my .vimrc
but --cmd "set shellslash" says to execute that command before
any .vimrc or .gvimrc.

I made sure it was first in my .vimrc, since there was a
set "set autochdir" about 3 lines in that could trigger a
chdir I'd guess.

So if shellslash was set first, ..

Now I get... Ah ha... I figured out where it is executing
I mistyped iotest as iotset and it came up
saying there was a swap file C:\tmp/iotest

Why is it in C:\tmp? (when I started in my home dir/profiledir).





--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: