Monday, July 29, 2013

Press ENTER or type command to continue problem at every vim startup

Hello I am using vim 7.4 beta with patches (1-39). I am using Mac OS X 10.7
Everytime I open vim now I get the prompt:
Press ENTER or type command to continue
In my vimrc I have the following:
set equalalways
set history=200
set autoread
set tw=75
set so=7
set wrapmargin
set nocompatible
" powerline status bar
set laststatus=2
set encoding=utf-8
set wildmenu
set ruler
set tabstop=2
set shiftwidth=2
set expandtab
set softtabstop=2
set cmdheight=1
set hid
set backspace=eol,start,indent
set shiftround
set ignorecase
set nobackup
set autoindent smartindent
set nowb
set magic
set showmatch
set noswapfile
set viminfo='20,\"50
set number
set wildmode=longest:full,full
set wildmenu
set noerrorbells
set incsearch
set hlsearch
I also have additional options set in vimrc but they are for map leader bindings and plugin options as well. I have tried the suggestions in the vim wiki about set shortmess=a, I tried shortmess=at, set cmdheight=2, but these are
refer to the Press ENTER or type command to continue when you issue an external command such as !ls in vim command window. My problem is that I get
Press ENTER to type command to continue in each and every vim startup option.
Does anyone know how to solve this issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jean-Marcel Belmont

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: