Thursday, April 24, 2014

Keymaps on the command line

I use keymaps a lot because I write in different languages and scripts and cannot afford different physical keyboards and also frequently need phonetic characters and other more or less 'exotic' characters the Latin script. Since I do practically all my writing in Vim using Pandoc and/or LaTeX for typeset rendering I do not feel a need for fancier IMEs.

However I have noticed that when typing in the command line the currently active keymap mostly is not effective but somtimes it is. Why is this so and how can it be controlled? Assuming it can be controlled and is not a bug!

Most of the time I simply yank and put any 'fancy' strings I need on the command line or use * and n but sometimes it is desirable to type on the commandline with a keymap enabled, so I really would like to know how to control this.

TIA,

/bpj

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: